Massage Therapy is an effective approach to pain management and rehabilitation. It acts directly upon the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems to rehabilitate physical injuries and improve health. Research studies have found Massage Therapy to positively affect circulation, pain perception, muscular system, psychological state, the nervous system, respiratory function and the immune system.
We at White Rock Massage Therapy Clinic use many different techniques such as Deep Tissue Massage, Trigger Point Therapy, Swedish Massage, Myofascial Release, Sports Massage, TMJ Massage, Muscle Energy Technique, Craniosacral Therapy, Visceral Massage, Therapeutic Touch, Pre- and Post-Pregnancy Massage. Our therapists often integrate into each treatment a combination of techniques that they feel will best address what the client is presenting with.
Some of the benefits of receiving Massage Therapy are listed below. These changes have a positive effect on many pathologies and conditions that we treat in our practice.
- Pain relief (release of endorphins that work as body’s natural painkiller)
- Stress reduction
- Improved posture
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases circulation and lymph flow
- Reduces muscular tension
- Enhances athletic performance
- Reduces post-surgery or injury adhesions and swelling
- Increased energy
- Improves joint mobility and flexibility
- Relieves tension headaches and migraines
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Improves immune system functioning
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Creates body/mind awareness
- Fosters feeling of well-being